Useful Links for Town of Sumner
For anyone and everyone
- Jefferson County Website
- For the protection of Farmland: Check out Jefferson County Farmland Preservation
- To compare your property with someone else’s: Jefferson County Land Records
- If you remodel, rebuild or build new: Jefferson County Zoning
Look under Department services for Variance, Conditional Use and Zoning Forms and Procedures
- http://www.countyoffice.org/ very useful site for contact information
For people in the Lake side communities
- Rock River Koshkonong Lake District (RKLD)
- RKLD Annual Meetings of the Lake District occur in July every year. See our calendar or check out the RKLD website for meeting information and much more.
- Consolidated Koshkonong Sanitary District
- Meetings are usually 2 Wednesday of the month but are subject to change. Check on our website or the CKSD website for the latest meeting dates.
For hunters, fishers and other outdoor enthusiasts
Check out the DNR with information on hunting, fishing, boating, snowmobiling.
For general information about Towns and the latest in legislation affecting Towns and you.
- Wisconsin Town Association (WTA)
- For people with only the most hazy idea of what a “Town” actually is, which is just about everybody.
- For those more closely interested in Towns and how they work, University of Wisconsin Extension Offices offer Fact Sheets about Open Meetings and Open Records and much other information for the curious
For home repair
Does your home need repairs? Would you like to purchase a home? USDA Rural Development has funding available
to purchase and repair homes in eligible rural communities. Interest rates range between 1-3.25%. Grants for repairs are also available to income eligible households over the age of 62. For more information, contact USDA Rural Development at 715-345-7611. Additional information is also available at www.rd.usda.gov/wi
USDA Rural Development is an equal opportunity provider, lender and employer.