Town of Sumner
BOARD OF REVIEW
Saturday July 27, 2019
8:30 AM (must be in session a minimum of 2 hours) Sumner Town Hall
N1525 Church Street
Edgerton, WI 53534
- Call Board of Review to order
- Roll Call
- Confirmation of Board of Review and Open Meetings notices
- Select a Chairperson for Board of Review
- Select a Vice-Chairperson for Board of Review
- Verify that a member has met the mandatory training requirements
- Verify that the Town has an ordinance for the confidentiality of income and expense information provided to
the assessor under state law (sec. 70.47(7)(af)
- Filing and summary of Annual Assessment Report by Assessor’s Office
- Receipt of the Assessment Roll by clerk from the Assessor
- Receive the Assessment roll and sworn statements from the clerk
- Review the Assessment Roll and Perform Statutory Duties:
Examine the roll,
Correct description or calculation errors, Add omitted property, and
Eliminate double assessed property.
- Discussion/Action-Certify all corrections of error under state law (sec. 70.43. Wis. Stats.)
- Discussion/Action-Verify with the assessor that open book changes are included in the assessment roll.
- Allow taxpayers to examine assessment data
- During the first two hours, consideration of:
Waivers of the required 48-hour notice of intent to file an objection when there is good cause Requests for waiver of the BOR hearing allowing the property owner an appeal directly to circuit court Requests to testify by telephone or submit sworn written statement
Subpoena requests, and
Act on any other legally allowed/required Board of Review matters.
- Review Notices of Intent to File Objection
- Proceed to hear objections, if any and if proper notice/waivers given unless scheduled for another date.
- Consider/act on scheduling additional Board of Review Date(s)
- Adjourn (to future date if necessary).
Submitted Glendan Rewoldt, Clerk, Town of Sumner
Posted on July 22,, 2019